Get a glimpse into the ways of life of Bangkok’s residents. Wander the streets of the Bangrak neighbourhood, an area where traditional culture is found amid the towering skyscrapers of the business district. Sample tasty street food and admire historic shop houses on this insightful walking tour.
Bites & Sites In the Village of Love - Morning Only - Half Day
Meet with the guide at the meeting point either at 09:00 or 09.30. Take an insightful walking and dining tour through the Bangrak neighbourhood of Bangkok. Meaning ‘Village of Love’, this is an ideal place for food lovers and curious travellers to connect with authentic local culture.
This tour combines restaurants where food is sampled on the street in the typical Thai way and indoor Air-conditioned restaurants to give you a chance to cool off.
The food sampled is a combination of both Thai and Chinese food molded together over time to create unique dishes
Spend the morning wandering the streets with a knowledgeable local guide. Along the way, meet with the neighbourhood’s residents and soak up the atmosphere of this village-like district. Learn about the history of the area and hear the tales behind some of its famous buildings.
Bangrak is also famous for its food and boasts many family-run stalls. Stop to taste the best local snacks, from the traditional to the exotic. Chit-chat with the chefs and shop owners, hearing about their personal tales of life in Bangrak. Gain a better understanding of Thailand’s food culture while wandering from stall to stall.
After glimpsing into the history and culture of the ‘real’ Bangkok, say farewell to the guide and return to the hotel.
- Starting Point is BTS Saphan Taksin station exit 2
- Start time for private option at 09:00 or 09:30 am (check availability) with max. 12 pax
- Start time for join option at 10:00 am with min. 2 pax and max. 10 pax
- Tour duration 3.5 - 4 hours
- The tour is not suitable for children under 6 years old.
- Children between 5 and 11 years at the time of travel will receive a 10% discount.
- Not include transfer to the starting point
- Not operate during Songkran Festival 13 – 17 Apr and New Year 31 Dec - 1 Jan.
- Private Tour (Meet/End at Starting point), No Round trip hotel transfer, Operate from Mondays until Saturdays
Not quite right or still need some more inspiration? Take a look at the journeys below and discover what other people who liked this tour also looked at!
We love to talk travel. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to get in touch. We're here to help!