Take a full day Bali adventure the whole family will love. Connect with local culture with visits to vibrant markets and traditional offering ceremonies. Come face to face with cheeky monkeys in the forest and trek through scenic rice terraces before cooling off with a swim at a sacred spring.
Ubud Family Day Tripper - Full Day
Take a guided day tour through Ubud and its surroundings for a taste of local culture. With a variety of activities, this Bali family day trip is sure to please both adults and kids.
Start the day with a walk through Ubud’s main market. Get an introduction to local daily life while mingling with the shoppers who come to buy the fresh fruits, spices and other ingredients on offer. Browse the colourful flower-filled stalls in one section of the market, learning how they are used to make temple offerings.
Then it’s time to make one of these unique Balinese offerings. Called canang sari, the offerings are an integral part of Balinese life with three offerings presented daily in gratitude to the Gods. Alongside the guide and other locals, design a personalized offering while hearing stories about the rituals of Bali’s residents.
Continue along this spiritual trail, the cheeky monkeys are already waiting at the Scared Monkey Forest which also hosts an important temple and a mystic spring.
Following this culture filled morning, travel into the countryside for lunch. Enjoy a delicious local meal while enjoying views of the surrounding rice terraces. Then it’s time to get a closer look at Bali’s spectacular countryside with a soft trek. Follow a path that criss-crosses the rice fields and passes under shady palm trees. Stop to learn about rice production and the innovative subak system of irrigation used by Balinese farmers.
After this bit of adventure, head to Pura Tirta Empul for a refreshing bath. The guide will give a short explanation about the importance of water and cleansing ceremonies in Hindu culture. Then join with local pilgrims and take a dip in the sacred waters of this popular Balinese temple.
Having spent the day mingling with locals, exploring pristine countryside and getting a dose of spirituality it is time to head back to Ubud for a well-deserved rest.
- Changing facilities at Tirta Empul are very basic. Should you bathe in the Holy Spring, you would need to bring a towel or
Sarong for changing, and for bathing, you would need Sarong or shorts.
- Our rates are nett and quoted in American dollars (USD), however some services (like transportation, guide fees, entrance fees, some activities, meals, air tickets and train tickets and sometimes accommodations) are based on local prices in Indonesian Rupiah in (IDR). In the case of a major change in the exchange rate (5% or more) between the Indonesian Rupiah and the American dollar (USD), we reserve the right to correct our quotes to align our rates and revise the value of the American dollar (USD).
- All rates are based on the current gasoline price. Should the gasoline price increase by more than 10% we would readjust
transfer rates with a 30 days prior notice
- Children aged between 2 and 12 years at the time of travel will receive a 15% discount off the Adult Price.
- All language guides other than English subject to availability during high season July untilSeptember.
- During Nyepi Day, an important religious day in Bali, which falls on 28 Mar 17, visitors are not allowed to leave the premises of hotels from 06:00 until 06:00 on the following day (24 hour). The airport will not operate any flights and all public activities will cease but hotels will remain operate with limited staff
Pick up and drop off timings from alternate destinations
- Pick up from Ubud area 09:00 / 16:00
- Pick up from Candidasa 08:00 / 17:00
- Pick up from Sanur 08:30 / 16:30
- Pick up from Seminyak 08:00 / 17:00
- Pick up from Jimbaran, Nusa Dua, Tanjung Benoa 07:30 / 17:30
Not quite right or still need some more inspiration? Take a look at the journeys below and discover what other people who liked this tour also looked at!
We love to talk travel. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to get in touch. We're here to help!