Learn about and get involved in the local culture with a hands-on cooking course where you will be cooking with firewood in an open air kitchen. You will be sampling the spices, trying traditional preparation techniques and learning about authentic Balinese culture while doing so. You will create delightfully tasty food all prepared with handpicked organic herbs and spices.
Trad Cooking Class in East Bali - Half Day
Be transferred to Sidemen to meet the host then continue to Klungkung to visit Bali’s second largest market. Host will explain everything about local fruits, spices and herbs. Drive back to Sidemen to make a short walk through the local fields and gardens.
Time for the hands on cooking and learn the secrets on how to make real authentic dishes with vegetables, curries and sambal depending on what is in season as only the freshest produce is used.
At the end of the class, sit together to enjoy the lunch of own creation. (L)
- Market visit start at 09:00 and class finished at 14:00
- Our rates are nett and quoted in American dollars (USD), however some services (like transportation, guide fees, entrance fees, some activities, meals, air tickets and train tickets and sometimes accommodations) are based on local prices in Indonesian Rupiah in (IDR). In the case of a major change in the exchange rate (5% or more) between the Indonesian Rupiah and the American dollar (USD), we reserve the right to correct our quotes to align our rates and revise the value of the American dollar (USD).
- All rates are based on the current gasoline price. Should the gasoline price increase by more than 10% we would readjust transfer rates with a 30 days prior notice
- Children aged between 2 and 12 years at the time of travel will receive a 15% discount off the Adult Price.
- All language guides other than English subject to availability during high season July untilSeptember.
- During Nyepi Day, an important religious day in Bali, which falls on 07-Mar-19 and 25-Mar-20, visitors are not allowed to leave the premises of hotels from 06:00 until 06:00 on the following day (24-hour). The airport will not operate any flights and all public activities will cease but hotels will remain operate with limited staff.
Pick up and drop off timings from alternate destinations
- Pick from Ubud 07:30 / 15:30
- Pick from Sidemen 08:15 / 14:15
- Pick from Candidasa 08:00 / 14:30
- Pick from other places are not recommended
Not quite right or still need some more inspiration? Take a look at the journeys below and discover what other people who liked this tour also looked at!
We love to talk travel. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to get in touch. We're here to help!