Hit the trails for a trekking adventure through Java’s fairytale landscapes. Hike along the slopes of Mt Sumbing Volcano, passing through terraced rice fields and plantations. Stop to chat to friendly locals encountered along the way and enjoy miles of stunning views before arriving at the charming Selogriyo Hindu Temple.
Selogriyo Temple Trekking - Half Day
Fuel up with a good breakfast at the hotel then set off for the slopes of Mt Sumbing Volcano. Lace up the hiking boots and hit the trails for a scenic, soft Java trekking adventure.
Walk through terraced rice paddies and lush fruit plantations, enjoying the quiet sounds of the countryside. The guide will explain about the traditional techniques used by Javanese farmers and introduce some of the more exotic herbs and spices grown in the area.
Venture through small communities nestled amid the verdant hills. Stop to chat to the villagers and watch as they go about their daily tasks such as tending the garden or making charcoal. There are also plenty of opportunities for great photos of Mt Sumbing in the distance.
After two hours of gentle trekking, arrive at Selogriyo Temple. This small hilltop Hindu temple is not nearly as popular as nearby Borobudur but is still worth a visit for the scenic views that surround. Find a place to sit and soak up the views while enjoying a simple snack box.
Then continue back down through the rice paddies to the car and start the drive back to the hotel. On the way stop for a visit to the OHD Museum, a private collection of contemporary art. Admire the works on display while learning about Java’s modern arts scene and seeing the skills of emerging local artists.
After the visit, return to the car and drive to the hotel arriving around 14.00. (L)
- Our rates are net and quoted in American dollars (USD), however some services (like transportation, guide fees, entrance fees, some activities, meals, air tickets and train tickets and sometimes accommodations) are based on local prices in Indonesian
Rupiah in (IDR). In the case of a major change in the exchange rate (5% or more) between the Indonesian Rupiah and the
American dollar (USD), we reserve the right to correct our quotes to align our rates and revise the value of the American dollar
- All rates are based on the current gasoline price. Should the gasoline price increase by more than 10% we would readjust
transfer rates with a 30 days prior notice.
- Children aged between 2 and 12 years at the time of travel will receive a 15% discount off the Adult Price.
- All language guides other than English subject to availability during high season July until September.
- During the important religious festival of Idul Fitri, which falls on 05-Jun until 06-Jun-19, intense travel across the country, especially in Java, has to be expected with the consequence of long traffic jams. Overland travel is not advised during the two weeks from 29-May-19 to 13-Jun-19. Service availability during that time may be limited, tour guides may be travelling home, and restaurants may be closed.
Pick up and drop off timings from alternate destinations
- Pick up time from Borobudur 08:00 / 14:00
- Pick up time from Yogyakarta 07:30/ 15:00
- Pick up time from Losari 08:00/ 14:00
- Pick up other area is not possible
Not quite right or still need some more inspiration? Take a look at the journeys below and discover what other people who liked this tour also looked at!
We love to talk travel. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to get in touch. We're here to help!