Rice Paddy Trek Bali - Half Day
Depart this morning for a uniquely Balinese experience. Travel to the island’s lush Tegalalang region where a local trekking guide awaits.
After a short briefing, hit the trails for a two-hour Bali trekking trip through the island’s iconic rice fields. Enjoy miles of spectacular views and stop often for photos or to simply soak up the views. Depending on the time of year, farmers may be in the fields planting seedlings, harvesting mature rice or tending to other stages in the crop’s life cycle. See traditional farming tools like subak, the hand-dug irrigation systems, and selip, rice polishing machines.
Pass through rural villages where time seems to stand still. Observe scenes of daily life in the countryside and meet with the friendly locals, letting the guide translate to provide deeper insight into the rural culture.
Following the Bali trekking trip, head to a restaurant for a filling lunch of local dishes then leave the countryside behind and transfer to the hotel. (L)
- We recommend wearing sportswear and sturdy shoes. Insect repellent, hat and sunscreen are also highly recommended. You may also wish to bring a change of clothes for after the trek.
- Our rates are nett and quoted in American dollars (USD), however some services (like transportation, guide fees, entrance fees, some activities, meals, air tickets and train tickets and sometimes accommodations) are based on local prices in Indonesian Rupiah in (IDR). In the case of a major change in the exchange rate (5% or more) between the Indonesian Rupiah and the American dollar (USD), we reserve the right to correct our quotes to align our rates and revise the value of the American dollar (USD).
- All rates are based on the current gasoline price. Should the gasoline price increase by more than 10% we would readjust
transfer rates with a 30 days prior notice
- All language guides other than English subject to availability during high season July untilSeptember.
- During Nyepi Day, an important religious day in Bali, which falls on 07-Mar-19 and 25-Mar-20, visitors are not allowed to leave the premises of hotels from 06:00 until 06:00 on the following day (24-hour). The airport will not operate any flights and all public activities will cease but hotels will remain operate with limited staff.
- Children aged between 2 and 12 years at the time of travel will receive a 10% discount off the Adult Price.
- French guide subject to availability during high season July – Sept.
Pick up and drop off timings from alternate destinations
- Pick up from Ubud 08:45 / 14:45
- Pick up from Sanur 08:00 / 15:15
- Pick up from Seminyak and Jimbaran 07:30 / 15:45
- Pick up from Nusa Dua and Tanjung Benoa are not recommended
Not quite right or still need some more inspiration? Take a look at the journeys below and discover what other people who liked this tour also looked at!
We love to talk travel. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to get in touch. We're here to help!