Mount Batur Trekking - Full Day
Depart the hotel in the dark, traveling to the base of Mount Batur. Meet with a trekking guide who will provide a safety briefing and instructions for the morning’s adventure. Then turn on a flashlight and hit the trails for an unforgettable Mt Batur sunrise walk.
The two hour trek follows a well-defined path. Pass through volcanic ash, sand and small rocks, remnants from Mount Batur’s previous eruptions. The trail is mostly uphill but there are plenty of opportunities to stop and rest. Although there is no ‘view’ in the early morning, the sky should provide plenty opportunities for stargazing.
Upon arriving at the crater rim, find a place to sit and await the sunrise. Located at 1,717 metres above sea level, this vantage point offers the island’s best views. Relax and enjoy the site as the first light of day illuminates Bali and neighbouring Mount Abang and Mount Agung.
Refuel with a simple breakfast and cup of coffee before returning to the trekking trail. Cross to another crater rim then descend along the same path as used earlier in the morning. This time, with the sun shining bright in the sky above, enjoy the views along the trail. See lava flows from recent eruptions and the path of destruction left behind.
Arriving at the base of Mount Batur, head to a nearby hot spring for a soak. Soothe tired muscles in these naturally therapeutic waters then enjoy a local lunch before returning to the hotel. (B and L)
- This is a Join in Tour with private transfer.
- French guide subject to availability during high season July until Sept.
- We recommend wearing comfortable clothing, bring warm clothesand sturdy shoes. Insect repellent, hat and sunscreen are
- Our rates are nett and quoted in American dollars (USD), however some services (like transportation, guide fees, entrance fees, some activities, meals, air tickets and train tickets and sometimes accommodations) are based on local prices in Indonesian Rupiah in (IDR). In the case of a major change in the exchange rate (5% or more) between the Indonesian Rupiah and the American dollar (USD), we reserve the right to correct our quotes to align our rates and revise the value of the American dollar (USD).
- All rates are based on the current gasoline price. Should the gasoline price increase by more than 10% we would readjust transfer rates with a 30 days prior notice
- Children aged between 2 and 12 years at the time of travel will receive a 15% discount off the Adult Price.
- All language guides other than English subject to availability during high season July untilSeptember.
- During Nyepi Day, an important religious day in Bali, which falls on 25 March 20 and 14 March 21, visitors are not allowed to leave the premises of hotels from 06:00 until 06:00 on the following day (24 hour). The airport will not operate any flights and all public activities will cease but hotels will remain operate with limited staff
Pick up and drop off timings from alternate destinations
- Pick up from Ubud 02:00 / 13:00
- Pick up from Sanur 01:30 / 13:30
- Pick up from Nusa Dua, Jimbaran, Kuta 01:00 / 14:00
- Pick up from other area is not recommended
Not quite right or still need some more inspiration? Take a look at the journeys below and discover what other people who liked this tour also looked at!
We love to talk travel. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to get in touch. We're here to help!