Bali’s cultural centre comes to life with an in depth Ubud art tour. Enjoy private gallery visits, explore famous museums and witness local craftsmen at work to gain a better understanding of Indonesia’s classical and modern art. Whether culturally curious or an art enthusiast, this is the ideal Bali day tour.
Exploring Bali’s Art Capital - Full Day
Set off for a full day immersed in Bali’s arts scene with this Ubud art tour. Travel to Ubud with a local guide, stopping first at Rudana Museum. Alongside a resident expert, take a private walking tour of the Museum’s extensive collection of fine art. While here, learn more about the symbolism and cosmology of this impressive building and the collection of fine arts within.
Continue to the Blanco Renaissance Museum, a mountain top building that was once the private residence of the famous artist Antonio Blanco. Explore the collection of his works, which span from different periods of his illustrious career, and hear the tales of this flamboyant, creative artist.
Midday, take a break for lunch at Indus Restaurant. Perched on a ridge above the Sungai Cerik Valley, this restaurant combines breath taking views of hills, rivers and rice terraces.
This afternoon the Ubud art tour continues with a visit ARMA Museum (Agung Rai Museum of Art). Gain greater insight into Bali’s rich artist traditions while viewing the collections of Balinese and Indonesian paintings and sculptures on display. Then it’s on to Kayon Gallery to see craftsmen creating beautiful wood carvings. Learn to create an individual piece, using traditional techniques that have been handed down from generation to generation.
The final stop on today’s arts exploration is a visit to Ubud Market. Browse the stalls filled with handicrafts and textiles, meet with friendly locals and bargain for unique souvenirs. Following the market tour, return to the hotel for the evening. (L)
- Our rates are nett and quoted in American dollars (USD), however some services (like transportation, guide fees, entrance fees, some activities, meals, air tickets and train tickets and sometimes accommodations) are based on local prices in Indonesian Rupiah in (IDR). In the case of a major change in the exchange rate (5% or more) between the Indonesian Rupiah and the American dollar (USD), we reserve the right to correct our quotes to align our rates and revise the value of the American dollar (USD).
- All rates are based on the current gasoline price. Should the gasoline price increase by more than 10% we would readjust
transfer rates with a 30 days prior notice
- Children aged between 2 and 12 years at the time of travel will receive a 15% discount off the Adult Price.
- All language guides other than English subject to availability during high season July untilSeptember.
- During Nyepi Day, an important religious day in Bali, which falls on 28 Mar 17, visitors are not allowed to leave the premises of hotels from 06:00 until 06:00 on the following day (24 hour). The airport will not operate any flights and all public activities will cease but hotels will remain operate with limited staff
Pick up and drop off timings from alternate destinations
- Pick up from Ubud 09:00 / 16:00
- Pick up from Candidasa 08:00 / 17:00
- Pick up from Sanur 08:30 / 17:30
- Pick up from Seminyak 08:00 / 17:00
- Pick up from Nusa dua, Jimbaran 08:00 / 17:00
- Pick up from Tanjung benoa 08:00 / 17:00
- Pick up other area is not possible
Not quite right or still need some more inspiration? Take a look at the journeys below and discover what other people who liked this tour also looked at!
We love to talk travel. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to get in touch. We're here to help!