Experience Java’s unique local life with a full-day tour on the outskirts of Yogyakarta. Meet local batik artisans, cycle through tranquil countryside villages and help farmers as they plant rice in fields. Learn more about Java’s agrarian culture at the farmer’s museum before watching the sun set over Parangtritis Beach.
Explore Jogja’s Countryside - Full Day
After breakfast, depart from the hotel with a local guide for a unique Java day tour while being immersed in the area’s unique local culture. Drive away from the city’s busy streets and into the countryside.
The first stop is Kampung Giriloyo, a village known for its intricate batiks which have been made there for hundreds of years. Visit a workshop and witness the process of creating hand-painted batik textiles.
Continue through the rice fields and rural countryside to Candran, a charming village set amid a forest of palm trees. Enjoy a traditional lunch before embarking on an hour long village cycling tour. While pedalling along quiet lanes, gain a better understanding of rural lifestyles in Java. Stop often to chat with the friendly locals or to snap photos of the beautiful surroundings.
Then head to the rice fields for a hands on farming experience. Join the locals in the fields, helping as the plant, plough or harvest rice. Learn about the cultivation process of this vital crop through this memorable hands on experience.
After the cycling and farming activity, tour the farmer’s museum and its impressive collection of old farming implement. This experience gives a unique insight into the farming culture of the area.
As the light of day begins to fade, proceed to Parangtritis Beach to watch the sunset. Grab a spot on the rocky hills and enjoy the beautiful views as the sun casts its shadows over the wide expanse of sand dunes at the east of the beach.
Following sunset, return to Yogyakarta in time for dinner. (L)
- Our rates are nets and quoted in American dollars (USD), however some services (like transportation, guide fees, entrance fees, some activities, meals, air tickets and train tickets and sometimes accommodations) are based on local prices in
Indonesian Rupiah in (IDR). In the case of a major change in the exchange rate (5% or more) between the Indonesian Rupiah
and the American dollar (USD), we reserve the right to correct our quotes to align our rates and revise the value of the American dollar (USD).
- All rates are based on the current gasoline price. Should the gasoline price increase by more than 10% we would readjust transfer rates with a 30 days prior notice
- Children aged between 2 and 12 years at the time of travel will receive a 15% discount off the Adult Price.
- All language guides other than English subject to availability during high season July until September.
- During the important religious festival of Idul Fitri, which falls on 15 Jun until 16 Jun 17, intense travel across the country, especially in Java, has to be expected with the consequence of long traffic jams. Overland travel is not advised during the two weeks from 30 May 17 to 30 Jun 17. Service availability during that time may be limited, tour guides may be travelling home, and restaurants may be closed.
Pick up and drop off timings from alternate destinations
- Pick up from Yogyakarta 09:00 / 19:00
Not quite right or still need some more inspiration? Take a look at the journeys below and discover what other people who liked this tour also looked at!
We love to talk travel. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to get in touch. We're here to help!