Discover Java’s famous temples and rural charm on a guided day tour from Yogyakarta.
Experience Borobudur at its very best, watching sunrise and exploring the temple without the tour crowds. Then head to a local market and village to experience the quiet rhythms and rich traditions of Javanese life.
Borobudur and Candirejo - Full Day
Wake up very early this morning to experience a sunrise Borobudur tour. Depart Borobudur around 04:30, arriving at the temple in the dark. This is the most mystical time to see the temple, seeing the first rays of the day illuminate the structure in the tranquil morning air.
Once illuminated, spend time exploring this massive Buddhist Temple before the tour buses arrive. Admire the thousands of intricate carvings found along Borobudur’s walls and learn about the incredible history behind its construction.
Travel to a nearby market to browse the fresh produce on sale then continue to Pawon and Mendut. Learn about the temple’s history and unique architecture while walking around these small but impressive monuments.
Take a break for lunch, enjoying views of Java’s rice paddy fields while dining on local dishes.
This afternoon, enjoy an in-depth exploration of Candirejo, a typical rural village. Travel by dokar, a local horse cart, crossing small lanes lined with traditional houses. Pass by scenes of daily life, such as making cassava crackers or drying chilies. Stop often to take photos or to chat with the locals, learning more about their typical activities and rich traditions.
Say farewell to the residents of Candirejo and wrap up the day trip from Yogyakarta with a camera full of memories. (L)
- Our rates are nets and quoted in American dollars (USD), however some services (like transportation, guide fees, entrance fees, some activities, meals, air tickets and train tickets and sometimes accommodations) are based on local prices in
Indonesian Rupiah in (IDR). In the case of a major change in the exchange rate (5% or more) between the Indonesian Rupiah
and the American dollar (USD), we reserve the right to correct our quotes to align our rates and revise the value of the American dollar (USD).
- All rates are based on the current gasoline price. Should the gasoline price increase by more than 10% we would readjust transfer rates with a 30 days prior notice
- Children aged between 2 and 12 years at the time of travel will receive a 15% discount off the Adult Price.
- All language guides other than English subject to availability during high season July until September.
- During the important religious festival of Idul Fitri, which falls on 05-Jun until 06-Jun-19, intense travel across the country,
especially in Java, has to be expected with the consequence of long traffic jams. Overland travel is not advised during the two
weeks from 29-May-19 to 13-Jun-19. Service availability during that time may be limited, tour guides may be travelling home, and restaurants may be closed.
Pick up and drop off timings from alternate destinations
- Pick up from Borobudur 04.30 / 14.00
- Pick up from Losari, Salatiga 03:30 / 15:00
- Pick up from Yogyakjarta 03:30 / 15:00
Not quite right or still need some more inspiration? Take a look at the journeys below and discover what other people who liked this tour also looked at!
We love to talk travel. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to get in touch. We're here to help!