Besakih Temple and Sidemen Cycling - Full Day
This full day trip that combines the culture, history and natural beauty of the island. Explore Klungkung and visit the most important temple in Bali, Besakih. Then take a bike ride through spectacular rural villages for a taste of local life.
This morning your guide and driver will pick you up from your hotel. Your excursion begins with a drive to Klungkung and visit the former Royal Court of Justice known as Kertagosa. The highlight here is an elaborately decorated ceiling featuring the Wayang style of painting depicting the battle of good versus evil. Visit Besakih, known as the ‘Mother Temple’ of Bali. Built in the village of Besakih on the western slopes of Mt Agung (2567 m), Bali highest volcano, Besakih is the largest and most important temple on the island. It covers a vast area with a stunning mountain scenery that surrounds this majestic temple complex. Stop for lunch at Maha Giri restaurant, where you will dine on fresh Balinese cuisine amongst the great panoramas over rice field terraces with Mt Agung in the background. Pedal your way through beautiful landscapes this afternoon with an hour cycling tour around Sidemen, a peaceful rural area with a typical rice field landscape. The easy ride takes you pass through rice paddy terraces and plantations growing salak trees (snake skin fruit), coffee, cloves and cacao. Return to your hotel late this afternoon. (L).
- Our rates are nett and quoted in American dollars (USD), however some services (like transportation, guide fees, entrance fees, some activities, meals, air tickets and train tickets and sometimes accommodations) are based on local prices in Indonesian Rupiah in (IDR). In the case of a major change in the exchange rate (5% or more) between the Indonesian Rupiah and the American dollar (USD), we reserve the right to correct our quotes to align our rates and revise the value of the American dollar (USD).
- All rates are based on the current gasoline price. Should the gasoline price increase by more than 10% we would readjust transfer rates with a 30 days prior notice
- Children aged between 2 and 12 years at the time of travel will receive a 15% discount off the Adult Price.
- All language guides other than English subject to availability during high season July untilSeptember.
- During Nyepi Day, an important religious day in Bali, which falls on 07-Mar-19 and 25-Mar-20, visitors are not allowed to leave the premises of hotels from 06:00 until 06:00 on the following day (24-hour). The airport will not operate any flights and all public activities will cease but hotels will remain operate with limited staff.
Pick up and drop off timings from alternate destinations
- Pick up from Ubud 09:00 / 16:00
- Pick up from Candidasa 08:00 / 17:00
- Pick up from Sanur 08:30 / 17:30
- Pick up from Seminyak 08:00 / 17:00
- Pick up from Nusa dua, Jimbaran 08:00 / 17:00
- Pick up from Tanjung benoa 08:00 / 17:00
- Pick up other area is not possible
Not quite right or still need some more inspiration? Take a look at the journeys below and discover what other people who liked this tour also looked at!
We love to talk travel. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to get in touch. We're here to help!