Encounter the essence of East Bali on this fascinating Karangasem full day tour. Discover fairy tale landscapes, from lush rice terraces to soaring volcanic mountains. Get in touch with Bali’s spiritual side at Besakih temple and explore rural villages for a chance to connect with the island’s rich culture.
Beauties of Karangasem - Full Day
Set off for a full day exploring eastern Bali’s many wonders. Start the day with a visit to Penglipuran, a traditional countryside village. Take a look at its neat row of traditional Balinese entrance gates and other unique architectural traditions.
Then drive into the highlands to visit Bali’s Mother Temple, Besakih. Nestled on the western slopes of Mount Agung, Besakih is the island’s most important temple. Take a walk around the site, admiring the 23 separate monuments and learning about Bali’s rich spiritual culture.
Break for lunch at Mahagiri restaurant, enjoying a delicious meal while admiring the views of terraced rice fields and Mount Agung in the distance.
This afternoon the eastern Bali discovery tour continues with a visit to Sidemen. Take a short walk through this peaceful rural area known for its beautiful landscapes and traditional weaving. Discover miles of green rice paddy terraces and salak (snake skin fruit) plantations.
The final stop is Klungkung, Bali’s smallest regency. Take a quick visit to the local market before heading to the historic Klungkung Palace. Discover the elaborately decorated ceiling, incredible paintings and other notable archaeological features of this famous monument while wandering around the temple compound.
As the day comes to a close, depart Klungkung and return to the hotel. (L)
- Our rates are nett and quoted in American dollars (USD), however some services (like transportation, guide fees, entrance fees, some activities, meals, air tickets and train tickets and sometimes accommodations) are based on local prices in Indonesian Rupiah in (IDR). In the case of a major change in the exchange rate (5% or more) between the Indonesian Rupiah and the American dollar (USD), we reserve the right to correct our quotes to align our rates and revise the value of the American dollar (USD).
- All rates are based on the current gasoline price. Should the gasoline price increase by more than 10% we would readjust transfer rates with a 30 days prior notice
- Children aged between 2 and 12 years at the time of travel will receive a 15% discount off the Adult Price.
- All language guides other than English subject to availability during high season July untilSeptember.
- During Nyepi Day, an important religious day in Bali, which falls on 07-Mar-19 and 25-Mar-20, visitors are not allowed to leave the premises of hotels from 06:00 until 06:00 on the following day (24-hour). The airport will not operate any flights and all public activities will cease but hotels will remain operate with limited staff.
Pick up and drop off timings from alternate destinations
- Pick up from Ubud 09:00 / 16:00
- Pick up from Candidasa: 08:00 / 17:00
- Pick up from Sanur 08:30 / 17:00
- Pick up from Seminyak, Jimbaran, Tabjung Benoa and Nusa Dua 08:00 / 17:00
- Pick up other area is not possible
Not quite right or still need some more inspiration? Take a look at the journeys below and discover what other people who liked this tour also looked at!
We love to talk travel. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to get in touch. We're here to help!