Get a taste of authentic local culture with an insightful Bali village tour. Spend the morning in a rural village, joining the residents as they go about their daily activities. After a traditional family style lunch visit two of the island’s most sacred temples for a glimpse of Bali’s deep spirituality.
Balinese Lifestyle - Full Day
Step off the tourist trail for an immersive experience during this Bali village tour. Transfer to Marga, a typical rural village in the Tabanan Regency. Surrounded by stunning landscapes, this is the perfect place to experience authentic countryside lifestyles.
Be welcomed with a healthy drink in a family’s compound. The hosts will introduce themselves and explain about their daily activities on the farm. Learn about their traditional herbal remedies, see remarkable inscribed palm leaves and discover other aspects of typical Balinese life.
After exploring the family compound, join a farmer for an easy trek through the surroundings. Learn about the Balinese Subak irrigation system, a unique and effective method used by generations of local farmers. Pass through vibrant rice fields where, depending on the time of year, there may be a chance to assist the local farmers. Loop back to the house compound in time for a delicious, family style lunch.
This afternoon bid farewell to the hosts in Marga village and take a closer look at Bali’s spiritual side with visits to nearby temples. Start at Taman Ayun, a 17th century family temple. Admire the moat, multi roofed meru shrines and intricately carved gates while learning about its intriguing history. Then, as the light of day begins to fade, head to the iconic water temple of Tanah Lot to watch the sun set before returning to the hotel. (L)
- Our rates are nett and quoted in American dollars (USD), however some services (like transportation, guide fees, entrance fees, some activities, meals, air tickets and train tickets and sometimes accommodations) are based on local prices in Indonesian Rupiah in (IDR). In the case of a major change in the exchange rate (5% or more) between the Indonesian Rupiah and the American dollar (USD), we reserve the right to correct our quotes to align our rates and revise the value of the American dollar (USD).
- All rates are based on the current gasoline price. Should the gasoline price increase by more than 10% we would readjust transfer rates with a 30 days prior notice
- Children aged between 2 and 12 years at the time of travel will receive a 15% discount off the Adult Price.
- All language guides other than English subject to availability during high season July untilSeptember.
- During Nyepi Day, an important religious day in Bali, which falls on 07-Mar-19 and 25-Mar-20, visitors are not allowed to leave the premises of hotels from 06:00 until 06:00 on the following day (24-hour). The airport will not operate any flights and all public activities will cease but hotels will remain operate with limited staff.
Pick up and drop off timings from alternate destinations
- Pick up from Ubud 08:30 / 19:30
- Pick up from Sanur 08:00 / 20:00
- Pick up from Seminyak, Canggu 08:00 / 20:00
- Pick up from Nusa dua, Tanjung Benoa and Jimbaran 07:30 / 20:30
- Pick up other area is not possible
Not quite right or still need some more inspiration? Take a look at the journeys below and discover what other people who liked this tour also looked at!
We love to talk travel. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to get in touch. We're here to help!