Spend a day experiencing the remarkable wave of sustainable tourism that has swept through Bali. See incredible eco-friendly architecture, dine on delicious organic cuisine and witness students partaking in nature-based learning during this inspirational and informative Bali ecotourism day tour.
Bali Eco Discovery - Full Day
After breakfast in the morning, depart from the hotel with a local guide for a day of eco inspiration. Begin with a visit to the John Hardy showroom and workshop. Tour the 400 acre site, admiring various buildings made from low impact materials such as bamboo, adobe and thatch. Watch master artisans create fine jewellery using the same techniques as the artisans of Bali’s ancient royal courts. Throughout the ecotourism tour, learn how the John Hardy Company aims to preserve the natural beauty and cultural heritage of Bali.
Then continue to Green Village, a one of a kind eco friendly community of eighteen bamboo homes. Meet with a passionate environmentalist for a tour of the village, discovering the unique design and sustainable principles of the structures.
At midday, enjoy a healthy organic meal served in the Green Village. Then continue with a visit to the bamboo factory. Tour this amazing area where innovative technology and traditional, natural materials are combined to make sustainable structures and environmentally friendly landscaping. There may be a chance to talk to one of the students or instructors whose passion for the environment is inspiring.
The eco discovery Bali day tour continues with a visit to an organic chocolate farm to discover how chocolate’s made. The tour starts with an amazing chocolate shot ‘welcome drink then go through each step of the chocolate making process from the cocoa tree to raw cacao, fermenting and roasting of the beans and the final transformation into delicious Chocolate. Taste raw cacao, cocoa nibs and the handmade Bali chocolate before making your own chocolate elephants to take home.
Having gained a better understanding and appreciation of sustainable practices in Bali, return to the hotel late in the afternoon. (L)
- Our rates are nett and quoted in American dollars (USD), however some services (like transportation, guide fees, entrance fees, some activities, meals, air tickets and train tickets and sometimes accommodations) are based on local prices in Indonesian Rupiah in (IDR). In the case of a major change in the exchange rate (5% or more) between the Indonesian Rupiah and the American dollar (USD), we reserve the right to correct our quotes to align our rates and revise the value of the American dollar (USD).
- All rates are based on the current gasoline price. Should the gasoline price increase by more than 10% we would readjust
transfer rates with a 30 days prior notice
- Children aged between 2 and 12 years at the time of travel will receive a 15% discount off the Adult Price.
- All language guides other than English subject to availability during high season July until September.
- During Nyepi Day, an important religious day in Bali, which falls on 25 March 2020 and 14 March 2021, visitors are not allowed to leave the premises of hotels from 06:00 until 06:00 on the following day (24 hour). The airport will not operate any flights and all public activities will cease but hotels will remain operate with limited staff.
Pick up and drop off timings from alternate destinations
- Pick up from Ubud 09:00 / 16:00
- Pick up from Candidasa 08:30 / 16:30
- Pick up from Sanur 08:00 / 17:00
- Pick up from Seminyak, Jimbaran 07:30 / 17:30
- Pick up from Nusa Dua, Uluwatu not possible/not recommended
- Pick up from other area not possible/not recommended
Not quite right or still need some more inspiration? Take a look at the journeys below and discover what other people who liked this tour also looked at!
We love to talk travel. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to get in touch. We're here to help!