Enjoy an exclusive evening of art and culture with one of Bali’s most famous residents. Join Walter van Oel, a Dutch artist, for dinner at his private home. Explore his collection of paintings and learn about his inspiration while dining and drinking during this intimate night of discussion with a local expert.
A Fascinating Encounter w/ Walter - Evening
Transfer to the home of Walter van Oel for an unforgettable evening. Upon arrival, be greeted by the Dutch artist and step into his lavish private residence. Enjoy a sunset cocktail while getting to know each other and enjoying the unique architecture of his home.
Take a tour of the house, passing through the gravel filled living room and the water features and step into the exhibition space. Observe his works under the changing light conditions of the setting sun, and experience the altering effects under different angles and perspectives. Mr. van Oel will explain about the painting technology that he has developed, which creates holographic and bright colours that radiate with positive energy.
After the tour, sit down for a meal prepared by the artist himself. While dining, Mr. van Oel will share his artistic methods, from how he gains inspiration and then channels this onto a canvas. Hear about his life as an artist and the awards bestowed upon him as a modern philosopher. There are plenty of opportunities to ask questions about his work, Bali’s art scene or any other topic of interest.
Following this intriguing discussion, say farewell to Mr. van Oel and return to the hotel late this evening. (D)
- The encounter is subject to availability.
- The program is suitable for a maximum of 9 people.
- For groups of minimum 4 pax, a version without home cooked dinner (catering instead) can be arranged with lower budget.
- Our rates are nett and quoted in American dollars (USD), however some services (like transportation, guide fees, entrance fees, some activities, meals, air tickets and train tickets and sometimes accommodations) are based on local prices in Indonesian Rupiah in (IDR). In the case of a major change in the exchange rate (5% or more) between the Indonesian Rupiah and the American dollar (USD), we reserve the right to correct our quotes to align our rates and revise the value of the American dollar (USD).
- All rates are based on the current gasoline price. Should the gasoline price increase by more than 10% we would readjust
transfer rates with a 30 days prior notice
- Children aged between 2 and 12 years at the time of travel will receive a 15% discount off the Adult Price.
- All language guides other than English subject to availability during high season July untilSeptember.
- During Nyepi Day, an important religious day in Bali, which falls on 28 Mar 17, visitors are not allowed to leave the premises of hotels from 06:00 until 06:00 on the following day (24 hour). The airport will not operate any flights and all public activities will cease but hotels will remain operate with limited staff
Pick up and drop off timings from alternate destinations
- Pick up from Ubud 16:45 / 22:30 (Surcharge for a pickup and drop-off in Ubud at USD 11 per person)
- Pick up from Sanur 17:15 / 21:00
- Pick up from Seminyak, Jimbaran 16:45 / 22:30
- Pick up from Nusa Dua, Tanjung Benoa 16:45 / 22: 00
Not quite right or still need some more inspiration? Take a look at the journeys below and discover what other people who liked this tour also looked at!
We love to talk travel. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to get in touch. We're here to help!
The world of Luxury travel is always evolving. Stay in touch and we'll keep you up to speed!
For inspiring experiences, real-time updates, the latest trends or casual conversation, explore our social networks for all things travel.