Enjoy an exclusive evening of art and culture with one of Bali’s most famous residents. Join Walter van Oel, a Dutch artist, for dinner at his private home. Explore his collection of paintings and learn about his inspiration while dining and drinking during this intimate night of discussion with a local expert.
A Fascinating Encounter w/ Walter - Evening
Enjoy with a night to remember; meet Dutch born artist Walter van Oel at his lavish private residence and studio for an intimate evening of talks over Bali, art, culture and spirituality surrounded by his energetic artworks.
Gain unique insight and an intimate understanding into the mind of an award-winning modern philosopher and painter. Walter welcomes his guests with a drink in the early evening before sunset, and walks them through his vastly exotic living room and exhibition space. Observe his works under the changing light conditions under the setting sun, and experience their unique and altering effects under different angles, perspectives and incidences of light and shadows.
A meal will be prepared by the artist, leaving an opportunity to discover what goes on in his mind, where he gets his inspiration from, and how he translates it onto a canvas.
Walter van Oel has developed a painting technology of its own, which creates holographic and extremely bright artworks that virtually radiate positive energy.
After dinner and discussion, get picked-up by a guide and return to the hotel. (D)
- The encounter is subject to availability.
- The program is suitable for a maximum of 9 people.
- For groups of minimum 4 pax, a version without home cooked dinner (catering instead) can be arranged with lower budget.
- Our rates are nett and quoted in American dollars (USD), however some services (like transportation, guide fees, entrance fees, some activities, meals, air tickets and train tickets and sometimes accommodations) are based on local prices in Indonesian Rupiah in (IDR). In the case of a major change in the exchange rate (5% or more) between the Indonesian Rupiah and the American dollar (USD), we reserve the right to correct our quotes to align our rates and revise the value of the American dollar (USD).
- All rates are based on the current gasoline price. Should the gasoline price increase by more than 10% we would readjust
transfer rates with a 30 days prior notice
- Children aged between 2 and 12 years at the time of travel will receive a 15% discount off the Adult Price.
- All language guides other than English subject to availability during high season July until September.
- During Nyepi Day, an important religious day in Bali, which falls on 25 March 2020 and 14 March 2021, visitors are not allowed to leave the premises of hotels from 06:00 until 06:00 on the following day (24 hour). The airport will not operate any flights and all public activities will cease but hotels will remain operate with limited staff.
Pick up and drop off timings from alternate destinations
- Pick up from Ubud 16:00 / 22:00 (Surcharge for a pickup and drop-off in Ubud at USD 11 per person)
- Pick up from Sanur 17:15 / 21:00
- Pick up from Seminyak, Jimbaran 16:45 / 22:30
- Pick up from Nusa Dua, Tanjung Benoa 16:45 / 22: 30
Not quite right or still need some more inspiration? Take a look at the journeys below and discover what other people who liked this tour also looked at!
We love to talk travel. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to get in touch. We're here to help!
The world of Luxury travel is always evolving. Stay in touch and we'll keep you up to speed!
For inspiring experiences, real-time updates, the latest trends or casual conversation, explore our social networks for all things travel.