One of the most famous traditional Japanese arts, kabuki is a charismatic form of theatre that features elaborate costumes and movements. The art, designated an Intangible Cultural Heritage by UNESCO, can be witnessed first-hand by guests at the famous Kabukiza Theatre in Tokyo's Ginza district.
Kabuki is a fascinating and beautiful form of traditional Japanese theatre which dates back to the Edo Period. The performances usually include elaborate costumes and make-up, strange wigs, and over-exaggerated movements. The art form of Kabuki has been designated a UNESCO Intangible Cultural Heritage.
Today, you’ll get to see the performance firsthand at the famous Kabukiza Theatre in Tokyo’s Ginza district. Before the show however, you’ll meet your expert kabuki guide at a café near the Kabuki theater, and enjoy some matcha and Japanese sweets as she explains the performance you’re about to see. Your guide will tell you about the different story lines, the actors, and the history of kabuki theatre, a tradition that dates back more than 400 years.
From there your guide will escort you just around the corner to the show, which is actually 3 or 4 short shows of about an hour each, with intermissions between. Sit back, and enjoy the show!
Explanation: 40 min
Kabuki Show: 4-5 hr (depending on type of show)
In front of Kabuki-za Theater
Price : Please contact us for pricing.
Our Services Include:
- English explanation before the kabuki performance (40 min).
- Green tea (matcha) and Japanese sweet at a café.
- 3A Grade Ticket to Kabuki performance (unaccompanied).
Our Services Do Not Include:
- Transport to and from the theater.
- International and domestic flights (quoted separately).
- Meals other than mentioned above (B= Breakfast, L= Lunch, D= Dinner).
- Personal expenses (e.g. drinks, laundry, telephone, and other expenditures of a personal nature).
- Travel insurance (please see ‘Important Notes’).
- Other services not clearly indicated in the package inclusions above.
- We strongly recommend the purchase of travel insurance (covering emergency medical evacuation)
- Please note that all the above services and tours have yet to be booked; they are proposed for your information only and we will not make any reservations before we receive your confirmation to do so.