Unlike many Japanese martial arts, aikido ("the way of unifying the spirit") has fairly contemporary roots. Even still, it has picked up acolytes from around the world due to its harmonious and skilful fusion of techniques. This introduction to the martial art will give guests the chance to learn its fundamentals.
Aikido, which means “the way of unifying the spirit,” is a modern form of martial arts that only developed in the early 1940s. Its founder, Morihei Ueshiba, continued to hone and perfect the art for a decade by incorporating more techniques and further enhancing its philosophy.
Because of its complex style, a harmonious and skillful fusion of various techniques, Aikido has garnered followers from all over the world and has become one of the most popular martial arts since its founding.
For the next hour and a half, guests will have a chance to learn the fundamentals of Aikido, from blocking punches to using the opponent’s force as a counterattack.
Duration: 90 min
Price : Please contact us for pricing.
- Please inquire for time and availability.
- Please inform your Travel Consultant about the age and height of each participant and if there are any physical challenges that must be noted.
Our Services Include:
- Pick-up from hotel (limited to hotels located within 10-minute walk from any station along Yamanote Line)
- Transfer from hotel to venue (public transportation)
- Aikido lesson with instructor
Our Services Do Not Include:
- International and domestic flights (quoted separately)
- Return transfer to hotel/next destination
- Meals and/or drinks
- Personal expenses (e.g. laundry, telephone, and other expenditures of a personal nature)
- Travel insurance (please see ‘Important Notes’)
- Other services that are not clearly indicated in the package inclusions above
- We strongly recommend the purchase of travel insurance (covering emergency medical evacuation).
- Please note that all of the above services and tours have yet to be booked. They are proposed for your information only and we will not make any reservations before we receive your confirmation.
- If one or some proposed service(s) is (are) not available at the time of booking, we will try to find other possibilities/options or other similar service(s) in order to avoid changes in the program.