Shhh…Saigon Secret Street Food Tour - SIC - Half Day
Today’s tour will begin at 08:30. Begin this secret Ho Chi Minh city street food tour early in the morning with a chef who will lead the way to some of the city’s best culinary corners. Hop on the back of a motorbike and delve right into the local foodie culture at Cho Vuon Chuoi. Meaning ‘Banana Garden Market’, this market is filled with stalls selling anything and everything imaginable. Learn about the different kinds of produce on sale, see exotic live seafood and witness locals bargaining for the day’s freshest ingredients. Stop to sample some of the snacks on offer at the market, such as banh khot, a crispy Vietnamese pancakes.
Climb back on the motorbike and zip through local neighbourhoods to a vibrant flower market, stopping to take photos of the vibrant colours. Then head to nearby street where a range of pets are for sale, from the ordinary to the exotic.
Resume the gastronomic adventure with a plate of banh cuon nong at a popular local shop. Enjoy the delicate flavours of this snack, which features rice noodles stuffed with minced pork, mushrooms and herbs, served alongside a tangy dipping sauce.
After a quick stop at a Cao Dai temple, it is time for the last- and possibly best- food stop of the day. Savour a hot and fragrant bowl of Hue-style beef noodles called bun bo hue and learn the secrets to preparing this traditional dish.
Full of fabulous Vietnamese food and with a better understanding of the local culinary culture return to the hotel, arriving around midday. (L)
- Reservations during peak times (Christmas, New Year, Vietnamese Lunar New Year, National Holidays) are subject to supplementary charges.
- This tour is on a join-in basis.
- Afternoon tour is not available
- Maximum people on this tour is 6 pax.
- For the fainted hearts, if you wish to join this tour by private air-conditioned car instead of the motorbikes, please contact your travel consultant and please note that additional surcharges will apply to the air-conditioned private car transfer.
Not quite right or still need some more inspiration? Take a look at the journeys below and discover what other people who liked this tour also looked at!
We love to talk travel. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to get in touch. We're here to help!