Half Day at Hoa Tuc Cooking School - Half Day
Today’s tour will begin at 08:30. Discover the most delectable facet of Vietnamese culture in this hands-on cooking class. Located in a former opium refinery, this is perhaps one of the world’s most unique settings for a culinary adventure.
Start the day with a visit to a fresh market. Browse the stalls, learning from the chef about the ingredients on sale and how they are used in traditional Vietnamese cuisine. This is the perfect introduction to the upcoming cooking class.
Next, continue to the Hoa Tuc Cooking School in the heart of downtown. The chef will then explain a bit more about Vietnam’s rich culinary culture. Watch as he prepares fresh dishes, using traditional methods to whip up mouth-watering treats.
Then roll up the sleeves and start cooking! Make a tasty three-course meal which is easy to recreate at home. Whip up tangy sauces, fresh salads, Asian-style rolls and a hot main course for a truly authentic lunch. To end the culinary adventure with a sweet touch, enjoy a delicious seasonal dessert then transfer back to the hotel.
· Morning departures at 0830 from the market or afternoons at 0200 (without market visit) at the cooking school.
· Closed on Mondays
· Private transportation (no guide) is included to and from Hoa Tuc Cooking School. The cooking class is on a join-in basis.
· Children from 7-years old are welcome (at additional surcharge).
· No MSG is used, and most meat dishes can be made in either seafood or vegetarian versions on request.
· Classes are taught by a Vietnamese chef in English.
Not quite right or still need some more inspiration? Take a look at the journeys below and discover what other people who liked this tour also looked at!
We love to talk travel. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to get in touch. We're here to help!