See a different, more authentic side of Bangkok with a half day biking adventure. Ride through peaceful back roads and along quiet waterways, getting a glimpse of local life in the capital. Pass by ancient temples and stop to sample local snacks amid the green, tropical ‘jungle’ of Bangkok.
Cycle Bangkok’s Jungle (Min. 2 Pax) - Half Day
You will be picked up at either 08:30 or 13:00. Take a short boat trip across the Chao Phraya River to Bang Kra Jao, an area nicknamed the ‘Bangkok Jungle’. Although located not far from the city’s bustling business district, sleepy Bang Kra Jao feels worlds away and is the perfect place for a bike ride.
Set off on two-wheels and ride through the network of peaceful roads that criss-cross Bang Kra Jao. Tropical plants and lush trees surround the roads, creating an urban jungle in the city centre. Cross over canals and admire the mangrove forests that line the waterways. See traditional Thai houses and golden temples rarely visited by tourists. Stop to chit chat with friendly locals and to visit markets selling an array of fresh produce.
During the two-hour ride, refuel with snacks at one of the many street stalls. Enjoy the delicious Thai dishes while learning about local life in this traditional community. If it is Saturday or Sunday, a stop will be made at Bang Nam Phueng, a large weekend market that is popular with the local residents.
After catching a breath of fresh air in the Bangkok Jungle, return to the city centre and onwards to the hotel.
- Private option incl. private tour & transfer.
- Join-in tour with min. 2 persons, and no transfer to the meeting point. The meeting point is at Suan Plearn Market (Rama IV) - Directions: Take BTS to Phrom Phong station, use exit 4. Then go straight to Sukhumvit Soi 26 and take a taxi or motorbike to Suan Plearn Market. Distance is 2.6 km, and it takes only 10 mins traveling. Walking is not recommended.
- The tour is not suitable for children under 10 years old.
- Children are charged as adult price.
- When booked please provide height of each client as this information is essential to secure the right bike size for the trip.
- The start and end of the itinerary takes travelers slowly through Bangkok traffic.
- In Bang Kra Jao, the ride is partially on narrow 1m wide and 1m high elevated pathways over the mangroves - All riders and especially children need to be comfortable navigating such pathways.
Not quite right or still need some more inspiration? Take a look at the journeys below and discover what other people who liked this tour also looked at!
We love to talk travel. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to get in touch. We're here to help!