Sample dishes from 9 different regions of Japan in this half-day tour and learn about the uniqueness of Japanese cuisine. For lunch stop at a traditional restaurant serving some home-made soba and fresh tempura with several side dishes. Learn about the production of Japanese sweets or wagashi in a demonstration of a real master.
Tasting Japan and Wagashi Experience - Half Day
Today’s half-day tour starts at 10:00 at a designated meeting point close to Mitsukoshi-mae subway station. Meet your food expert and embark on a tour that introduces you to the unique flavours of Japan. Visit 9 different shops, representing the different regions of Japan and taste some Japanese staples such as dashi (Japanese soup stock), delicious tsukemono (pickled vegetables) from Kyoto, fried satsumaimo (sweet potato) and many more.
Follow your guide to an authentic restaurant serving home-made buckwheat soba noodles with freshly fried tempura with a side of sashimi, or some grilled fish and some authentic chicken sukiyaki. Be assured that you won’t be leaving with an empty stomach after this delicious meal.
Next stop will be a traditional Japanese sweets or wagashi shop. Wagashi are usually used in Japanese tea ceremony to accompany the rather bitter tasting matcha tea. What makes wagashi unique is their truly artistic shape that reflects the changing of the seasons. Experience a wagashi demonstration by a true master and learn about the role of these sweets in Japanese cuisine. At the end of the demonstration taste the beautiful wagashi with some matcha tea.
After this insightful tour, bid farewell to your guide and continue your exploration of Tokyo.
- The tour is not available on Sundays.
- There may be other participants in the shared tour (maximum of 10 pax per group).
- Tour may be cancelled in case of extreme weather.
- Prices may change due to unforeseen circumstances.
- We strongly recommend the purchase of travel insurance (covering emergency medical evacuation).
- Please note that all of the above services and tours have yet to be booked. They are proposed for your information only and we will not make any reservations before we receive your confirmation.
- If one or some proposed service(s) is (are) not available at the time of booking, we will try to find other possibilities/options or other similar service(s) in order to avoid changes in the program.
Not quite right or still need some more inspiration? Take a look at the journeys below and discover what other people who liked this tour also looked at!
We love to talk travel. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to get in touch. We're here to help!