Get a true taste of Javanese life with a bike ride through the countryside. Experience the tranquil rhythms of rural village life while pedaling along quiet lanes. Stop to join farmers in the fields as they plant rice and witness traditional cottage industries during this insightful half day Yogyakarta cycling tour.
Cycling and Ricefields Jogjakarta - Half Day
Transfer to the outskirts of Yogyakarta this morning for a memorable half day tour of the countryside. After arriving in Candran Kebon Agung, meet with the cycling guide for a bike fitting and safety briefing. Then it is time to start pedaling!
Cycle along quiet lanes, enjoying the tranquil rhythms of the countryside. Make a stop at a rice field for a chance to learn about the production of this vital crop. Join the farmers in the fields, helping them to plant, plough or harvest the rice.
Following this immersive visit, pedal a bit further to a unique farmer’s museum. Browse the extensive display of farming implements, both ancient and modern. Gain a better understanding of the intensive process of rice production as the guide explains the crop’s life cycle.
The final stop on this Yogyakarta countryside cycling tour is a soya bean factory. See how the beans, a staple of Indonesian cuisine, are processed from start to finish.
Having worked up at appetite, it is time for lunch. Enjoy a feast of local dishes before returning to Yogyakarta in the early afternoon.
- For those who are not comfortable riding a bike, a becak (local cycle rickshaw) will be provided instead – please inform us for
- Our rates are nets and quoted in American dollars (USD), however some services (like transportation, guide fees, entrance fees, some activities, meals, air tickets and train tickets and sometimes accommodations) are based on local prices in
Indonesian Rupiah in (IDR). In the case of a major change in the exchange rate (5% or more) between the Indonesian Rupiah
and the American dollar (USD), we reserve the right to correct our quotes to align our rates and revise the value of the American dollar (USD).
- All rates are based on the current gasoline price. Should the gasoline price increase by more than 10% we would readjust transfer rates with a 30 days prior notice
- Children aged between 2 and 12 years at the time of travel will receive a 15% discount off the Adult Price.
- All language guides other than English subject to availability during high season July until September.
- During the important religious festival of Idul Fitri, which falls on 05-Jun until 06-Jun-19, intense travel across the country,
especially in Java, has to be expected with the consequence of long traffic jams. Overland travel is not advised during the two
weeks from 29-May-19 to 13-Jun-19. Service availability during that time may be limited, tour guides may be travelling home,
and restaurants may be closed.
Pick up and drop off timings from alternate destinations
- Pick up time from Yogyakarta 08:00 / 14:00
Not quite right or still need some more inspiration? Take a look at the journeys below and discover what other people who liked this tour also looked at!
We love to talk travel. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to get in touch. We're here to help!