Hit the trails for an invigorating trek through Bali’s most spectacular landscapes. Venture through lush forests near Bayad village, stopping to admire cascading waterfalls and explore underground caves. Escape the tourist crowds, breathe in the fresh air and embrace the island’s natural beauty on this active half day Bali tour.
Bayad Ecotrek Bali - Half Day
Lace up the hiking boots for a memorable trek through Bali’s beautiful Gianyar regency. Drive away from the main tourist areas to Bayad, a typical countryside village set amid the rice paddies.
Meet with the trekking guides, who hail from the community, and enjoy a cup of coffee with a light snack. After a safety briefing it’s time to hit the trails. The two-hour Bali trek covers approximately five kilometres through a tropical forest. Pass over small rivers and streams, passing tropical fruit trees and stopping to visit an impressive spice garden and herb garden. Explore a natural waterfall and see an unusual Balinese bamboo water organ at a pumpkin patch.
Another highlight of the day’s trek is Goa Maya, an impressive 1.5-kilometre cave. Crawl underground and admire the labyrinth of tunnels and sacred Hindu statues. Discover why this cave was built in the 11th century as a meditation retreat while exploring the chambers.
Return to land and trek on to the finish point. Relax and enjoy the stunning views of Petanu valley while enjoying a local lunch. After savouring this serene atmosphere, wrap up the half day Bali trek with a drive back to the hotel for a well deserved rest. (L)
- Based on Join in trekking with minimum 2 participants. Children below 7 years old are not allowed.
- Private trekking can be organized with minimum 4 pax required.
- We recommend wearing sportswear and sturdy shoes. We also recommend bringing insect repellent, a hat and sunscreen.
- Our rates are nett and quoted in American dollars (USD), however some services (like transportation, guide fees, entrance fees, some activities, meals, air tickets and train tickets and sometimes accommodations) are based on local prices in Indonesian Rupiah in (IDR). In the case of a major change in the exchange rate (5% or more) between the Indonesian Rupiah and the American dollar (USD), we reserve the right to correct our quotes to align our rates and revise the value of the American dollar (USD).
- All rates are based on the current gasoline price. Should the gasoline price increase by more than 10% we would readjust
transfer rates with a 30 days prior notice
- Children aged between 2 and 12 years at the time of travel will receive a 15% discount off the Adult Price.
- All language guides other than English subject to availability during high season July untilSeptember.
- During Nyepi Day, an important religious day in Bali, which falls on 25 March 2020 and 14 March 2021, visitors are not allowed to leave the premises of hotels from 06:00 until 06:00 on the following day (24 hour). The airport will not operate any flights and all public activities will cease but hotels will remain operate with limited staff
Pick up and drop off timings from alternate destinations
- Pick up from Ubud 09:00 / 17:00
- Pick up from Candidasa 08:30 / 17:30
- Pick up from Sanur 08:30 / 17:30
- Pick up from Seminyak, Jimbaran 08:00 / 18:00
- Pick up from Nusa Dua, Tanjung Benoa 08:00 / 18:00
Not quite right or still need some more inspiration? Take a look at the journeys below and discover what other people who liked this tour also looked at!
We love to talk travel. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to get in touch. We're here to help!