Tokyo offers one of the most various and complete food experiences one can possibly wish for.
From street food vendors and tiny Japanese style taverns to high-end Michelin-starred restaurants, from the numerous dishes Japanese cuisine offers to Western and exotic restaurants, this city allows visitors to experience the best of it all.
This tour will take you inside the lively street food scene of Tokyo: an exciting trip across some of the hidden pearls that can only be found with the help of a local, wandering around the city’s narrow streets.
Your local English-speaking food expert will take you to tiny izakayas (Japanese style pubs) and small traditional restaurants and bars – with their distinctive atmosphere these are the heart of the traditional Japanese entertainment districts.
None of these local taverns normally accepts reservations, but your expert guide will be able to pick, depending on the evening, the right areas (always in central Tokyo) and venues to make sure you find available seats. This way, the tour can be different from time to time but will always include some of the local izakayas recommended by your guide.
Meet your food expert at the train station and enjoy 4 to 5 different venues during the tour. Although the menu is set, your guide will ensure you leave with a full stomach as you will have plenty of chances to eat local dishes accompanied by beer and other Japanese style drinks. (D)
Start (tour): 17:00
Duration: approx. 3.5 hrs
- Please contact your Travel Consultant for availability and pricing.
- Reservations accepted from 2 pax. There may be other participants in the shared tour (maximum of 6 pax per group).
- Minors must be 15 years old and above to join the tour.
- Depending on the day and availability of venues, this tour can take place in different areas of central Tokyo.
- In Japan, it is allowed to smoke in restaurants and bars and many traditional izakayas do not have properly separated non-smoking rooms.
- Please understand that the menu of the tour is fixed and that traditional izakayas do not cater for food allergies or special dietary requirements. Should you have any dietary requirement, our guide will try to adapt the menu as much as possible, but in some cases no alternative can be guaranteed.
- Tour may be cancelled in case of extreme weather.
- Prices may change due to unforeseen circumstances.
Our Services Include:
- English speaking guide (supplementary charges apply for guides of languages other than English).
- Food and drinks at all venues (set menu).
Our Services Do Not Include:
- International and domestic flights (quoted separately).
- Transfer to and from the venue.
- Meals other than mentioned above (B= Breakfast, L= Lunch, D= Dinner).
- Personal expenses (e.g. drinks, laundry, telephone, and other expenditures of a personal nature).
- Travel insurance (please see ‘Important Notes’).
- Other services not clearly indicated in the package inclusions above.
- We strongly recommend the purchase of travel insurance (covering emergency medical evacuation).
- Please note that all of the above services and tours have yet to be booked. They are proposed for your information only and we will not make any reservations before we receive your confirmation.
- If one or some proposed service(s) is (are) not available at the time of booking, we will try to find other possibilities/options or other similar service(s) in order to avoid changes in the program.