The way of the samurai and the art of fighting with a Japanese sword have been admired by many because of its long history, keen discipline, and beautiful yet skillful way of combating.
In today’s cultural activity, guests learn some of the etiquettes of samurai and the basics of Kenbu while in a traditional Japanese clothing. Kenbu, which literally means “sword dance,” used to be carried out by samurai in the feudal times as a way to enhance concentration and bring out confidence in battle. Nowadays, Kenbu is performed as a form of entertainment along with Geisha dances and traditional Japanese ensemble. A Kenbu artist, dressed in hakama or in kimono, performs with a sword while he dances gracefully to traditional music accompanied by Japanese poem.
After the lesson, an hour performance by Kenbu masters and apprentices can be enjoyed, followed by some photo ops and the receipt of certificate and small present from the artists.
Note: Please arrive 15 minutes before the activity starts.
Availability and time:
Days: Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays
Duration: 3 h
Days: Mondays – Saturdays
Duration: 2 h 45 min
*at this time, show comes first before the lesson
- Please contact your Travel Consultant for availability and pricing.
- Children 4 years old and below are welcome but are not allowed to partake in the activity.
- Please inform your Travel Consultant about the age and height of each participant and if there are any physical challenges that must be noted.
- For group bookings (more than 10 persons), please inquire for availability and prices.
Our Services Include:
- English-speaking instructor
- Traditional samurai costume (hakama or kimono) rental
Our Services Do Not Include:
- International and domestic flights (quoted separately)
- Transfers to and from the venue
- Meals and/or drinks
- Personal expenses (e.g. laundry, telephone, and other expenditures of a personal nature)
- Travel insurance (please see ‘Important Notes’)
- Other services that are not clearly indicated in the package inclusions above
- We strongly recommend the purchase of travel insurance (covering emergency medical evacuation).
- Please note that all of the above services and tours have yet to be booked. They are proposed for your information only and we will not make any reservations before we receive your confirmation.
- If one or some proposed service(s) is (are) not available at the time of booking, we will try to find other possibilities/options or other similar service(s) in order to avoid changes in the program.