In recent years, Japanese cuisine (in Japanese, washoku) has been enjoying growing popularity around the world.
Even though Japanese cuisine has known influences from other culinary traditions during its long history, washoku has always kept its own distinctive traits, making it profoundly different from all other cooking styles in Asia. Using only the freshest ingredients of the highest quality and through its distinct ingredient combination, food presentation and cooking techniques, Japanese cuisine has even been considered an Intangible Cultural Heritage by UNESCO.
Although Japanese restaurants around the world have become a common sight, many of these lack authenticity, as they combine washoku to the local culinary traditions.
Therefore we suggest you make use of this unique opportunity and not miss this chance to take a private cooking class during your stay in Tokyo, as there is no other place like Tokyo to witness and learn the basics of the authentic washoku art.
Today you will meet your English speaking cooking teacher at an elegant venue in central Tokyo. Under her supervision and assistance, you will be cooking a multi-course meal using fresh ingredients and typical cooking tools.
Your menu will likely include world-famous Japanese dishes such as sushi rolls, the traditional savory pancake (okonomiyaki), Japanese style omelettes and teriyaki chicken.
The simplicity of Japanese ingredients and dishes should not mislead you: washoku is a refined art and presentation plays a fundamental part.
After learning first hand and preparing your multi-course meal, you will have some time to relax and enjoy the delicious specialties you and your teacher have prepared. It will also be a good occasion to chat and know more about traditional Japanese cooking and Japanese cuisine in a friendly atmosphere. (L or D)
Note: Menu is flexible and specific requests can be accommodated (i.e. vegetarian menus, dietary requirements, advanced classes; supplementary charges apply).
Start: 11:00 or 18:00
Duration: 2-2.5 h
- Please contact your Travel Consultant for availability and pricing.
- Please inform your travel agent of any special dietary requirements that you may have.
Our Services Include:
- English-speaking cooking instructor(for other languages, guides can be arranged at an additional charge)
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary (B= Breakfast, L= Lunch, D= Dinner)
Our Services Do Not Include:
- International and domestic flights (quoted separately)
- Transfers to and from the venue
- Meals and/or drinks other than mentioned above
- Personal expenses (e.g. drinks, laundry, telephone, and other expenditures of a personal nature)
- Travel insurance (please see ‘Important Notes’)
- Other services not clearly indicated in the package inclusions above
- We strongly recommend the purchase of travel insurance (covering emergency medical evacuation).
- Please note that all of the above services and tours have yet to be booked. They are proposed for your information only and we will not make any reservations before we receive your confirmation.
- If one or some proposed service(s) is (are) not available at the time of booking, we will try to find other possibilities/options or other similar service(s) in order to avoid changes in the program.